Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fabric!



So I finally found it: a rosy tinted ivory brocade with gold, silver, and brown embellishments. I will use it on my jacket and train (about 8 yards of the stuff). The skirt and accents will be ivory and gold. A little different from my original vision but I think I like the fact that the dress is leaning more towards non-traditional, though colorful dresses were quite popular in The Victorian Days. In fact, it wasn't until Queen Victoria had her wedding that white dresses became all the rage.

Anyways, found this little delight in Berkley at the discount fabric store, my friend was observant enough to pull it out of a big pile and show it to me while i was in the white section obsessing over the fact that there is no good ivory brocades. The fabric was also a great deal, about half as much as Id expect it to be.

Everything else will come from Joannes fabrics, so all in all i will probably spend under $200 on the whole lot of fabric. But this does not yet include lace and embellishments.


No comments: