Thursday, November 6, 2008

Victorian Party Favor and Cake Pulls

During my research I have discovered that the Victorians adored party favors, the more elaborate the better.
gloves
I think something like these glove kits are just delightful for the ladies. Im pretty sure a proper Victorian woman never left home without them, but modern ladies can at least enjoy the novelty of it during the party. I will be posting more favor ideas as I find them.

cakechrams
I also discovered a delightful Victorian tradition called "cake charms". After the wedding cake is baked the Chef tucks away several charms in to the cake. Each charm is attached to a ribbon. The bridesmaids gather during the cake cutting ceremony and each pull a ribbon. Each individual charm has a special meaning and brings good luck. I found a nice range of charms here: http://www.weddingcakecharms.com/

charm cake

No comments: